[torqueusers] No contact with server at hostaddr problem

David Chin david.w.h.chin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 09:12:58 MST 2007

I'm assuming the HWaddr (aka MAC) is the hostaddr just because
the hostaddr looks like a HWaddr. I'm not sure if this will help at
all.

I had some problem before with Ganglia (not Torque): it was very
fussy about having the right interface configured for multicast.

The other thing that comes to mind is that the error message you
show mentions port 15001. Maybe you should check to see if
the node in question can talk to the server on that port. (It should
be able to since the other nodes can, I assume.) Log in on the
problem node, and try "telnet server 15001" and hit return once
the connection is made. You should see an error message.

Cheers,
  Dave

Email: david.w.h.chin at gmail.com    dwchin at lroc.harvard.edu
Public key: http://gallatin.physics.lsa.umich.edu/~dwchin/crypto.html
      pub   1024D/1C557DDF 2006-07-21 [expires: 2007-07-21]
      Key fingerprint = 4EEB A409 5010 3679 4EA7  D420 4E52 202A 1C55 7DDF