[torqueusers] routing queues

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 03:00:34 MST 2007

> How do I guarantee the top priority jobs are the ones that make it to the
> routing queue? (seems impossible--say a job submitted last to a queue is
> highest, it won't get out of routing for a long time since torque can't
> compute the priority to figure out it's top priority in its queue)

The problem is: you don't. Routing queues are strictly FIFO!

One thing that crosses my mind: maybe you need some kind of cascaded
schedulers - one looking at the incoming/routing queues (and sorting
them before submitting them further) and one for the final execution
queues (classical divide and conquer thoughts).

I'm not sure if you can simulate this by creating a special high-high
priority execution queue that starves all the other queues?

Cheers,