[torqueusers] simple (I hope) /etc/hosts question

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Wed Jan 3 10:23:56 MST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 11:17:25AM -0600, Nathan Moore wrote:
> Ok, I think the issue is resolved.  I needed to fill out the ./
> mom_priv/config file with the following contents:
>
> [root at runner torque]# cat ./mom_priv/config
> $pbsserver runner
> $clienthost muscovey
> $clienthost pekin
>
> To be safe, (is this necessary?) I made copies of the file on every
> node (server and moms).
>
> Also, if I want to be able to run jobs on runner (the server), should
> I the mom_priv file also have a line
> 	$clienthost runner
> ?

In old OpenPBS parlance, $clienthost was used to indicate the _server_
hostname.  It was always a bit of a misnomer, and fortunately in Torque
it's been deprecated and replaced with $pbsserver.  You don't need to put
the name of each mom in each mom's config.  Simply defining the nodes via
qmgr should be all you need to do.

(Sorry if I'm way off, I'm picking this up mid-thread.)

HTH,

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX System Administrator,