[torqueusers] Associating a queue with specific nodes

Mike Renfro renfro at tntech.edu
Mon Jan 1 21:06:22 MST 2007

Thomas H Dr Pierce wrote:

> How can I partition the cluster out so I can assign node07 and node08 to a
> specific queue, and node53 and node54 to a different queue?

Here's one of mine. We run Torque and Maui, because our setup required
that we have a lot of standing reservations for systems that are used
for classroom purposes during the day, but for clustering overnight and
on weekends:

#
#
#
# Create and define queue pe1850
#
create queue pe1850
set queue pe1850 queue_type = Execution
set queue pe1850 max_running = 4
set queue pe1850 acl_host_enable = False
set queue pe1850 acl_hosts = ch226-6+ch226-7
set queue pe1850 resources_max.nodes = 4
set queue pe1850 resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue pe1850 resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue pe1850 enabled = True
set queue pe1850 started = True

The nodes file does have attributes, but none I'm using (aside from the
np count):

ch226-6 np=2 mb4096
ch226-7 np=2 mb4096

There doesn't appear to be anything in Maui to be configured explicitly
for this. The source of what we're doing can be found at
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/mwm/docs/12.1nodelocation.shtml#open

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro at tntech.edu