[torqueusers] tm problem OSX PPC single node

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Fri Feb 23 12:30:04 MST 2007

We have found a problem when trying to run jobs using tm when running
on only one node.  Which is quite strange.  If the MPI library (Lam
or OpenMPI)  uses 2 nodes (nodes=2:ppn=2)  the job will start just
fine.  But if its 1 (nodes=1:ppn=2)  the job can not start.  This is
not a problem for serial jobs,  we are also using the same versions
of torque and lam/openmpi on our linux cluster with no problems.  If
i build a LAM without tm support the jobs run fine.

I dug the archives and i found some references to a similar problem.
Im just wondering what i should do to test it or if this is a known
problem on OSX ?  The systems are running 10.3 on G5's,  its using
torque-2.1.6.

Thanks.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing