[torqueusers] all jobs in Q state

Krause, Roland Roland.Krause at amtc-dresden.com
Thu Feb 22 09:56:06 MST 2007

Hi all,

today I have following problem with torque. We have a 40 node cluster
with 4 time-shared and 36 cluster nodes.
All jobs I submit to torque are going to state 'Q', even if I request a
definitely free node.

qsub -V
to get a time-shared node does not work, allthough they are all "free".
I thought, if I request a time-shared node, I will always
get immediatelly a running session on such a node?

qsub -V -l nodes=nameOfFreeNode
to get a cluster not does not work, allthough this node is "free" as
well.

Comment is: Not running: Draining system to allow starving job to run

Quick help would be highly appreciated
Regards,
Roland