[torqueusers] Does resources_available.ncpus for a queue work?

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Mon Feb 19 05:22:05 MST 2007

I tried to set up a queue that only used a given number of cpus. This
is in a cluster of 14 dual-cpu machines. I can set up a new queue and
set e.g.

resources_available.ncpus = 4

for that queue, restart pbs_server (documentation says it should be
restarted, not sure why), but even after that, the queue happily
accepts and runs jobs of any size.

resources_available.nodect also seems to get ignored.

max_running does work.

Have I missed something obvious? I'm running Torque 2.1.2 and Maui
3.2.6p16 on IA32 (Pentium 4 Xeon) Linux 2.6.17, Glibc 2.4.

Mikko

---------- server.conf, 'jaguar' is the problematic queue

#
#
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Execution
set queue default resources_max.cput = 25920:00:00
set queue default resources_default.cput = 72:00:00
set queue default resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
#
# Create and define queue jaguar
#
create queue jaguar
set queue jaguar queue_type = Execution
set queue jaguar resources_available.ncpus = 4
set queue jaguar resources_max.cput = 25920:00:00
set queue jaguar resources_default.cput = 72:00:00
set queue jaguar resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue jaguar enabled = True
set queue jaguar started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_host_enable = True
set server acl_hosts = head.domain.fi
set server acl_hosts += *.domain.fi
set server default_queue = default
set server log_events = 63
set server mail_from = mikko
set server query_other_jobs = True
set server resources_default.neednodes = 1
set server resources_default.nodect = 1
set server resources_default.nodes = 1
set server scheduler_iteration = 60
set server node_ping_rate = 300