[torqueusers] Problem usage pbs_version (ImportError: libtorque.so.0)

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Feb 12 10:05:02 MST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:06:30AM +0100, Bas van der Vlies alleged:

> >>There is a website to report problems:
> >> * https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/pbs_python
> >> * email i just fix an error in the email address:
> >>     pbs_python at sara dot  nl
> >>
> >>You have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
> >> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> >
> >LD_LIBRARY_PATH is bad bad baaad.
> >
> >Use LD_RUN_PATH and recompile pbs_python.
> >
> >Bas, this wouldn't be an issue if you used 'pbs-config --libs'
> >

> Garrick i did not knew about LD_RUN_PATH variable, thanks. Is this also
> set by pbs-config or must this manually set?

pbs-config can't set LD_RUN_PATH in a parent process.  It is executed,
not sourced.

'pbs-config --libs' prints the correct link args with run-time path
args.

> I have to switch to the new system it is already in configure.in , but i
> have also to suport torque versions that do not use the new build
> system.  I have to fix configure that it checks if we have an old or new
> build system, i will manage but i am not an autotools expert.

Your setup.py basicly already does this.  You are 95% done.  Just
search for pbs-config instead of libtorque.so.  And if found, use
the output of 'pbs-config --libs' and 'pbs-config --libs'.