[torqueusers] Problem usage pbs_version (ImportError: libtorque.so.0)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Mon Feb 12 03:06:30 MST 2007

Garrick Staples wrote:

>>> What's wrong?
>>>
>> There is a website to report problems:
>>  * https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/pbs_python
>>  * email i just fix an error in the email address:
>>      pbs_python at sara dot  nl
>>
>> You have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>>  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is bad bad baaad.
>
> Use LD_RUN_PATH and recompile pbs_python.
>
> Bas, this wouldn't be an issue if you used 'pbs-config --libs'

Garrick i did not knew about LD_RUN_PATH variable, thanks. Is this also
set by pbs-config or must this manually set?

I have to switch to the new system it is already in configure.in , but i
have also to suport torque versions that do not use the new build
system.  I have to fix configure that it checks if we have an old or new
build system, i will manage but i am not an autotools expert.

regards