[torqueusers] Job: Consultant needed

notinh notien notinhnotien7 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:28:12 MST 2007

Hi, all.  Our company would like to bring in a consultant to help us and I
thought that it is best to look for on here since many people on this list
are doing similar things to us.  I am sorry for possible misuse of this
mailing list but we have failed to bring in one after meeting with 3
consultants because they lack the specific skills.

We are looking for a consultant with hand-on experiences on Linux cluster
and MPI (Mpich 1.2.7p1), mpiexec, Torque, Maui, VASP (big plus), Linux
Kernel, NFS.

Currently, we have some problems with our settings that some jobs got killed
with SIGTERM and some jobs run for hours and no additional output got
produced.

    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Bad file descriptor
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Bad file descriptor
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Bad file descriptor
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Bad file descriptor
forrtl: error (78): process killed (SIGTERM)
forrtl: error (78): process killed (SIGTERM)
mpiexec: Warning: tasks 0-5 died with signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

We would like this person to help us to resolve these issues.

We would also like to have the consultant double-check our customized
vanilla Linux kernel (2.6.19.2) on CentOS 4.4 to make sure we configured
everything correctly.

Besides that, we would also want to have some recommendations on how to
expand our number of processors to around 300 in terms of architecture,
networking equipments, cooling, power, and general infrastructure.
Currently we have  110 proccessors in 39 (2) and 8(4) nodes.

Please contact me if you are in the Bay Area, CA because our company is in
Redwood City, CA.

Thanks,
NN.