[torqueusers] random node selection using maui?

David B Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Thu Feb 8 20:01:49 MST 2007

Pete, Lennart,

  Moab provides a 'random' factor to the 'priority' node allocation
policy.  Using the random node allocation factor weight, this random
factor can completely dominate or be merged with other factors to get
the desired weighting.  Currently, this node allocation policy is
global, but in later versions, these weighting factors can be per queue
or per job.

  This feature may be useful in this case.

Dave