[torqueusers] "Connection refused" immediately after installation

Jeff Krimmel jeff.krimmel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 17:06:22 MST 2007

I just went through the installation routine with the following commands:

./configure --prefix=/opt/torque-2.1.6/ --exec-prefix=/opt/torque-2.1.6/
make install

I am using the torque-2.1.6.tar.gz tarball. I then try to initialize
my Torque server, and I get the following:

[root at machinename torque-2.1.6]# pbs_server -t create
[root at machinename torque-2.1.6]# qmgr
Connection refused
qmgr: cannot connect to server

Those are literally the five commands I issued. What could be refusing
the connection this early in the process?