[torqueusers] Re: pam_authuser segfaults

Mischa Salle mischa.salle at uam.es
Thu Feb 8 03:09:24 MST 2007

Hi,

Concerning the perl scripts, I have found one problem with the epilogue
script, which is a problem for at least two different perl versions
(5.8.0 and 5.8.8). This is what happens:
- after reading in the accessfile the filepointer is at the end.
- truncate ( ACCESSFILE,0) then fills the old file with \000, but
  doesn't reset the filepointer, that only happens after closing or with
  an explicit seek() statement.
- hence print ACCESSFILE writes at the former end.
At some point one of our authuser files was more than 1GB, filled with
zeros...

A simple seek( ACCESSFILE,0,0); after reading in the file and before (or
after) the truncate is enough.

It has now been running for about a week without problems...

    Mischa