[torqueusers] another remote job submission question

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Wed Feb 7 13:51:35 MST 2007

We had the same problem when we ran torque 2.1.5 on the compute nodes and the
submission host and 2.0.0p7 on the node running pbs_server.  That is, all
jobs submitted on the submission host with cmd line args would get rejected.
This problem went away when we upgraded the host running pbs_server to 2.1.5
too. I recommend this upgrade, we haven't seen any problems upgrading a live
pbs_server from 2.0.0p7 to 2.1.5 (soon to be 2.1.6) all jobs survived.  Just
remember to recompile or upgrade maui and mpiexec if you use those to take
advantage of the shared libraries that is in torque now, it is probably not
mandatory as the protocols should be the same.

r.