[torqueusers] Error adding a node
sorrillo at jlab.org
Wed Feb 7 09:47:38 MST 2007
I have a working version of Maui-3.2.6p19 and torque-2.1.6.
Initially I had one machine running pbs_server and pms_mom. Everything
Now I am attempting to add a dual process machine to the list of compute
Below is the sequence of events I adhered to:
1. Installed pbs_mom on the compute node.
2. Edit /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config to include the $clienthost
3. Start pbs_mom on the compute node.
4. run qmgr -c 'create node compute_node np=2'
5. now pbsnodes -a show both nodes 'free'. However, when I submit jobs
they never run on the newly added machine - even after I set the
first/original node offline to force jobs to run on the added node.
Is this not the correct sequence of events?
What is the meaning/efftect of: qmgr -c 'set queue foo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the torqueusers