[torqueusers] Error adding a node

Lawrence Sorrillo sorrillo at jlab.org
Wed Feb 7 09:47:38 MST 2007

Hi:

I have a working version of Maui-3.2.6p19 and torque-2.1.6.

Initially I had one machine running pbs_server and pms_mom. Everything
worked well!

Now I am attempting to add a dual process machine to the list of compute
nodes.

Below is the sequence of events I adhered to:

1.	Installed pbs_mom on the compute node.
2.	Edit /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config to include the $clienthost
host_running_pbs_server
3.	Start pbs_mom on the compute node.
4.	run qmgr -c 'create node compute_node np=2'
5.	now pbsnodes -a show both nodes 'free'. However, when I submit jobs
they never run on the newly added machine - even after I set the
first/original node offline to force jobs to run on the added node.

    Is this not the correct sequence of events?

What is the meaning/efftect of: qmgr -c 'set queue foo
resources_default.nodes=1'

.

Thanks