[torqueusers] recurring jobs and duplicate submission

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 18:28:55 MST 2007

On 2/5/07, Brian Harrington <brh at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I have two questions about torque:
>
> 1. Is there a way to setup recurring jobs, i.e. a job that is rerun at
> some interval?

could you accomplish this with a cron job?

> 2. Is there a way to assign a unique ID to a job (other than the job ID)
> so that torque can detect that some job has already be submitted and
> automatically ignore the duplicate submissions?

this would be trivial to implement:

I could add a new optional job attribute that takes a string
parameter.  If this is set for at job submission time, pbs_server
would check to make sure no other jobs that have that attribute set
have the same value. If another job with this value is found, then
pbs_server would reject the job submission and qsub would print an
appropriate error.

I will bring this up on the torquedev list to see what other developers think.