[torqueusers] queue limit

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 20 16:54:31 MST 2007

----- "Chris Evert" <chris at geodev.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to specify a limit of runnable jobs by cpu count?  I
> see max_running and max_user_run, but that granularity is too coarse.

I don't know if Torque's built in pbs_sched can do that, but Maui
should be able to set per user or group limits using MAXPROC, e.g.:

USERCFG[csamuel] MAXPROC=15

to limit me to using just 15 CPUs at any one time..

> I am using torque-2.1.6.

It's probably worth looking at upgrading to 2.1.10 for the bug
fixes that are in there.