[torqueusers] torque.setup script needs to run as part of rpm install

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Dec 13 13:35:53 MST 2007

Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Garrick Staples wrote:
>
>> The second is to create a default queue that is only useful for only
>> the most simple environments.
>
> It's still a handy default queue - we tend to put most of our logic
> into the scheduler rather than use queues for that.
>
> The main exception was to create queues with different default
> walltimes to cater for an application that would let the user select
> a queue to use but not pick a walltime for the job.
>
> cheers,
> Chris

I agree with Chris here.  I think it should have been mentioned in the
sense of not using external scheduling software such as Maui/Moab.  The
default queue has proven to be enough in almost all of our cases since
Maui handles the grunt of the work. (with the exception Chris pointed out)

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE
E-Mail  : jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca