[torqueusers] torque.setup script needs to run as part of rpm install

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Dec 13 13:35:53 MST 2007

Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Garrick Staples wrote:
>> The second is to create a default queue that is only useful for only
>> the most simple environments.
> It's still a handy default queue - we tend to put most of our logic
> into the scheduler rather than use queues for that.
> The main exception was to create queues with different default
> walltimes to cater for an application that would let the user select
> a queue to use but not pick a walltime for the job.
> cheers,
> Chris

I agree with Chris here.  I think it should have been mentioned in the
sense of not using external scheduling software such as Maui/Moab.  The
default queue has proven to be enough in almost all of our cases since
Maui handles the grunt of the work. (with the exception Chris pointed out)

James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE
SCIRF | GrUVi @ Simon Fraser University - Burnaby Campus
Phone   : 778-782-3610