[torqueusers] torque.setup script needs to run as part of rpm install

chris chris at clusterresources.com
Wed Dec 12 07:25:29 MST 2007

Steve,

So for that to happen a default install user would need to be determined
and the only one that comes to mind is user root.  This is because we
would need something to cover 100% percent of the installs and since not
all installs are interactive we would need a default user.  I'm not sure
that "./torque.setup root" should be the default, what are peoples
thoughts about that?

You can quite easily edit the torque.spec file yourself and add this
functionality to torque.spec.  You'll need to test this but if you edit
the section of the file under "%files server" and add
%{torquehomedir}/torque.setup then under "%post server" add
%{torquehomedir}/torque.setup <USERNAME>.  The last line may fail if the
user doesn't already exist on the system.

If that doesn't work I'd check this guide http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ to
see were I went wrong.  It shouldn't take you too long, worst case
scenario you learn more about rpm's.

Regards,