[torqueusers] qsub ... queue hang - solved, case closed

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Dec 11 16:27:03 MST 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Zhiliang Hu wrote:

> 3. When submit a mpirun job, do not specify "-np 6 -machinefile
> ..." in the mpirun script, do it with "qsub".

If you are using an MPI implementation supported by Pete
Wyckoff's "mpiexec" (which is most of them I suspect) then it's well
worth switching to that as it can find out all that information for
you from Torque and avoids those ugly SSH based MPI launchers.

http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/index.php

cheers,
Chris