[torqueusers] usecp doubt

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Mon Dec 10 08:05:46 MST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:50:16 -0500
Ari Pollak wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007 9:38 AM, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ari,

> The documentation says $usecp understands wildcards (assuming it
> matches the actual hostname), and I'm using * with no problem.
What do you mean by "matches the actual hostname"?

From doc:
The Execution Server normally uses the rcp (or scp) command when moving
files between nodes for stage-in/out or to return user output.  For NFS
mounted file systems, the cp may work better.  A $usecp entry tell the
Execution Server when an cp command can be used instead of an rcp/scp
command.

So, I understand that execution host (WN) will use cp intead scp
whenever it tries to copy files only when they're stored in /nfs, am I
right?

I mean, destination host has nothing to do in here... just belong to my
domain.

Cheers,
Arnau