[torqueusers] maui question of partitioning

scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 4 13:42:58 MST 2007

Is there a way to partition nodes so that if the resource is free on
those node jobs won't sit in the queue waiting for other partitions
resources to be free?

I am running torque 2.1.8-1cri and maui 3.2.6p19.  I have the queues
setup to match the name of the classes in maui.cfg.
I have the nodes partitioned via the name of the classes.  But I am
seeing jobs from other classes sitting in the queue because another
class has a user who is scheduled to run next but can't because
resources are not freed.  When I tried to change reservations and
backfill parameters
jobs were ran out of order and that caused problems for the users.

This is what I want and I hope someone can answer this:

If resources are free in the class then the job gets submitted
regardless of what is scheduled to run next and is currently unable
to especially if it is not of
the same class.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks