[torqueusers] Comment on :Installing client software on shared file system

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Dec 3 02:26:30 MST 2007

>         > I have a small cluster with /usr/local mounted across
>         several otherwise

I used to run torque this way.  All the binaries were on the NFS mount
and /var/spool/torque was set up on each node.  I also set up an
etc/profile.d and etc/ld.so.conf.d on the NFS mount.

However, I have changed that recently because of a intermittent problem
with dynamic libraries.  In our system when a node booted sometimes the
NFS was not mounted before ldconfig ran.  This meant that libtorque was
sometimes not seen by client systems such as LAM MPI.

Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg