[torqueusers] Comment on :Installing client software on shared file system

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Dec 3 02:26:30 MST 2007

>         > I have a small cluster with /usr/local mounted across
>         several otherwise

I used to run torque this way.  All the binaries were on the NFS mount
and /var/spool/torque was set up on each node.  I also set up an
etc/profile.d and etc/ld.so.conf.d on the NFS mount.

However, I have changed that recently because of a intermittent problem
with dynamic libraries.  In our system when a node booted sometimes the
NFS was not mounted before ldconfig ran.  This meant that libtorque was
sometimes not seen by client systems such as LAM MPI.

Cheers
	Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726