[torqueusers] Compiling Torque with non-default ports

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Thu Aug 23 18:39:14 MDT 2007

Hi Prakash,

Torque looks through /etc/services to lookup ports for services by name.
I have in the past patched pbs_ifl.h to change the service names as well
as the port numbers, and added the new names/numbers to /etc/services to
get two complete torque installations that do not interfere.

Also, I renamed the binaries so I could setup distinct /etc/init.d
scripts and not get confused about which daemon was which.

Gareth Williams
Outreach Manager
CSIRO IM&T - eScience (HPSC)