[torqueusers] Open MPI Torque Errors

Chris Vaughan chris at clusterresources.com
Tue Aug 21 06:39:43 MDT 2007

Thanks for your help, you are right it was a Torque config issue.

It ended up being an environment variable issue with torque not being
able to find /bin/bash.

qsub -S /bin/sh -l nodes=2 script

Solved the problem.

Which leads me to another question.

If I were to use cshell would I need to define all environment variables
at submit time in a job submission script?  Or could I compile torque
./configure --with-environpath=PATH to alleviate the issue?

Regards,

Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 12:49:32PM +0100, Christopher Vaughan alleged:
>
>> Simple jobs Like the following fail as well.
>> #!/bin/bash
>> cat hostname
>> cat $PBS_NODEFILE
>>
> If the simple case doesn't work, then you don't have an openmpi problem.
Look at the errors for the simple case and fix that first.