[torqueusers] Problems with maui scalability

Miles O'Neal meo at intrinsity.com
Fri Aug 17 13:48:21 MDT 2007

Howdy, Ronny...

|1) How can I tell maui that it's OK to only consider the first 4K jobs?
|2) How can I keep maui playing along nicely.
|3) How can I keep my 14 CPUs busy

Are you using routing queues?  You can set the routing
queues for a huge number of jobs, but have them feed
run queues that allow a smaller number of jobs.  That
was one of the things we had to do to get torque/maui
to even get safely to 2,000 jobs queued (we have a lot
more nodes, which impacts things as well).