[torqueusers] processor allocation help

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Tue Aug 14 14:32:53 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 13:16 -0700, Martin Siegert wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 04:06:33PM -0400, Troy Baer wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 15:54 -0400, Aaron Knister wrote:
> > > With Sun's Grid engine you can request x number of processors for a job
> > > and it will allocate them anywhere, on any system. Is there a way to do
> > > this with torque?
> >
> > That depends on what scheduler you use.  I don't believe the built-in
> > pbs_sched that comes with TORQUE will do this; however, I believe Maui
> > will do it if JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY is set to EXACTPROC, as will Moab.
>
> JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY must be unset for this to work. If it is unset, then
> -l nodes=x
> will do what you want.

Mea culpa, I remembered Maui doing this to us (which is rather
undesireable in our environment) back when we first started using it,
and for some reason I associated that with JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTPROC.

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/supercomputing/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701