[torqueusers] processor allocation help

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Tue Aug 14 14:06:33 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 15:54 -0400, Aaron Knister wrote:
> With Sun's Grid engine you can request x number of processors for a job
> and it will allocate them anywhere, on any system. Is there a way to do
> this with torque?

That depends on what scheduler you use.  I don't believe the built-in
pbs_sched that comes with TORQUE will do this; however, I believe Maui
will do it if JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY is set to EXACTPROC, as will Moab.

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/supercomputing/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701