[torqueusers] Torque user activity

Adam Steenwyk ajamess at umich.edu
Mon Aug 13 12:17:35 MDT 2007

Hey everyone,

Can someone clarify to me if / how torque handles console activity.
We are in the midst of moving from PBS pro to torque for a "partial
availability" cluster that we run (available between 2am and 7am) on
some campus desktop machines.  We wanted to know what the best way to
go about detecting whether or not a user is logged in at the console
so as to prevent computers that are in use from starting jobs.

In my 20 mins or so of googling I could not find anything relating to
this, so I figured here would be a good place to ask :).

Thanks,

Adam.