[torqueusers] Torque and IPv6

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Aug 13 11:53:40 MDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 07:30:23PM +0200, Matti Bickel alleged:
> Hi,
> at our university we're looking into using torque for our little pool
> clusters. These nodes are all avaible via ipv6 and we want to take
> advantage of that with torque (all nodes are dual-stacked, but it'd be a
> nice experiment). Thus my question:
> can torque handle ipv6? If not, is there any work ongoing to change
> that?

Not currently.  There was some work started and I even created an ipv6 branch
in svn, but that worked seems to have stalled after not to long.  Now the ipv6
branch is quite stale.

> I'm generally interested in porting applications to ipv6, so i'd be
> interested to patch torque up quite a bit. Is there any other list for
> more development related questions like this? (Haven't found any)

You mean the torquedev list? :)

If you could do this, the work would be very appreciated!