[torqueusers] Compiling Torque with non-default ports

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Aug 9 21:56:37 MDT 2007

Hello,

I recently compiled Torque (for testing) with the port numbers and
names changed from 15001, 15002, 15003 and 1504 in the file
pbs_ifl.h. After installation, if I start up the server, scheduler
and mom, everything is running well and listening on the non-standard
ports that I asked.

I also have the production Torque running in the same server at the
standard ports. Now, if I run the non-standard binary pbsnodes or
qstat, strangely it is pulling information off the production server
instance. Anyone knows why this is the case? I thought when I modify
the port names and numbers in the pbs_ifl.h file, automatically the
default port to listen on and connect to for server, scheduler, mom
and clients are changed.

Thanks and have a great day tomorrow,
Prakash