[torqueusers] Torque and Propack 5 cpusets.

Rushton Martin JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com
Wed Aug 8 08:50:56 MDT 2007

|-----Original Message-----

That's exactly correct.  I keep node 0 (cpus 0-1 and mem 0) free since we have had trouble in the past if the I/O is restricted in any way.  There is the additional benefit that /batch and /boot are siblings rather than parent-child.  All general purpose work runs in /boot, including a limited amount of testing.  Production runs (which may last for several weeks with multiple processors) go into /batch.

Martin Rushton
HPC Facility

QinetiQ
Bldg H4 Rm 6
MoD Fort Halstead
Sevenoaks
Kent, TN14 7BP

Tel:    01959 514777
Email:  jmrushton at QinetiQ.com
Mobile: 07939 219057
Fax:    01959 51 6050
Web:    www.QinetiQ.com

QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  The information in this communication may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.  Nothing in this e-mail is
intended to conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ
subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
monitored and recorded for business purposes including security, audit
and archival purposes.  Any response to this email indicates consent
to this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.

QinetiQ Limited
Registered in England & Wales: Company Number:3796233
Registered office: 85 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD, United Kingdom
Trading address: Cody Technology Park, Cody Building, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
http://www.QinetiQ.com/home/legal.html