[torqueusers] Torque and Propack 5 cpusets.

Rushton Martin JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com
Wed Aug 8 02:56:37 MDT 2007

|Chris Samuel wrote:
|> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Adam Steenwyk wrote:
|>
|>> I noticed the linux 2.6 cpuset stuff in the snapshots, as well, is
|>> this another option to using Propack?
|>
|> I believe that the CPUsets in ProPack 5 are the source of
|the CPUsets
|> in the 2.6 kernel, so you may well find that you can use those.
|>
|> I would *really* be interested to know!
|>
|> cheers!
|> Chris

We run SLES 9 SP3, with PP4, SP3 on our Altix.  I'm using cpusets in a simple manner.  During boot an init script checks for the presence of the /batch cpuset, and if missing creates it.  The three daemons (mom, server and sched) are then started within the cpuset, and will therefore create all children within it unless otherwise directed.  We're (currently) using Torque only on a single 64-cpu node, not across a cluster so the procedure works well.

HTH,

Martin Rushton
HPC Facility

QinetiQ
Bldg H4 Rm 6
MoD Fort Halstead
Sevenoaks
Kent, TN14 7BP

Email:  jmrushton at QinetiQ.com
Web:    www.QinetiQ.com
QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  The information in this communication may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.  Nothing in this e-mail is
intended to conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ
subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
monitored and recorded for business purposes including security, audit
and archival purposes.  Any response to this email indicates consent
to this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.

QinetiQ Limited
Registered in England & Wales: Company Number:3796233
Registered office: 85 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD, United Kingdom
Trading address: Cody Technology Park, Cody Building, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
http://www.QinetiQ.com/home/legal.html