[torqueusers] TCL compile issues

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Aug 7 18:03:44 MDT 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Chris Vaughan wrote:

> I have a customer that's having some issues trying to compile
> torque with tcl support.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what the
> issue might be caused by?  I'm guessing some tcl libraries may be
> missing or there is a bug with torque.
[...]
> qstat.c:107:23: tclExtend.h: No such file or directory

Hmm, the location of that header file is distribution dependant.

On SLES9 you will need to make sure you have the tclx RPM installed
and then it appears in /usr/include, whereas on Ubuntu (and
presumably Debian) it's in the tclx8.3-dev and tclx8.4-dev packages
and thus lives in either or both of:

/usr/include/tclX8.3/tclExtend.h
/usr/include/tclx8.4/tclExtend.h

depending on which version(s) you have installed.  You will then need
to make sure you're including the right directories with -I for it
the compiler to find it.

On Fedora (and presumably RHEL) you need to install the tclx-devel RPM
and then it will be in /usr/include.

cheers,
Chris