[torqueusers] call pbsdsh in epilogue

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Fri Aug 3 11:24:26 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 11:05 -0400, Kevin Ying wrote:
> I got an error while trying to call pbsdsh in epilogue:
>
> 	pbsdsh: not executing under PBS
>
> Calling pbsdsh in prologue is OK, but not epilogue.
>
> Is this a bug or it is by design?
>
> I am using torque/2.1.8.

pbsdsh spawns processes through the TM API, which only works in the job
itself and not prologue or epilogue.

If you're trying to run something on all the nodes assigned to a job,
you should probably do that in {pro,epi}logue.parallel, although keep in
mind that you'll need to run the same commands in {pro,epi}logue for
them to be executed on the mother superior node.

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/hpc/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701