[torqueusers] scheduling cycle

David Singleton David.Singleton at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 2 20:09:13 MDT 2007

Some other cases that require scheduling cycles include:

   - if a job finishes while the scheduler is actually making scheduling
     decisions, it is not informed that there are more resources free. If
     no other jobs are queued or terminate for some time, those resources
     will remain unutilised.

   - reordering the queued jobs and resetting priorities based on time in
     queued state etc

   - pre-emption/suspension/resumption sceduling might happen when some time
     dependent threshold is reached but no job state changes

   - the scheduler might employ day/night peak/offpeak configurations that
     the server is unaware of.

David