[torqueusers] torque not scaling well

Benoit Marchand benoit.marchand at exludus.com
Wed Aug 1 13:01:14 MDT 2007

Miles,

Certainly users submitting jobs in a script loop is a source of
annoyance.  Best is to have them use job arrays (i.e. sequences of
jobs submitted as a single job) with Grid Optimizer (we developed it
to solve the problem you are describing).  As a bonus Grid Optimizer
will also optimize multi-core performance (speedup on bio
applications is up to 3x).   Grid Optimizer works well with Torque
and Moab as well as PBS Pro, SGE, LSF and CCS.

You can give it a try with a demo copy at : http://www.exludus.com/
download.php

Regards,

Benoit