[torqueusers] problem with qsub -v

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Tue Apr 24 03:33:01 MDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 13:10 -0700, Cunningham, Dave wrote:
> I’m getting some odd behavior from qsub.  I’m trying to pass
> information in to my job script from the qsub command line through the
> environment, with something like
>
>             qsub –v foo=bar  my_job
>
>  Works fine like that, but I need to have a space tin the value string
> of the environment variable, eg,

Have you tried the following?  This way the shell sets the variable foo
and you wouldn't have to worry about how qsub handles setting variables.

foo="bar bat" qsub –v foo my_job

This seems to work for me; running "env" in my job gives:

foo=bar bat

Cheers
Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726