[gt-user] Re: [torqueusers] Send a job to PBS and get it to have other name than STDIN

Matias Alberto Gavinowich mattlistas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:42:30 MDT 2007

Hello:

Thank you very much for your reply.

I managed to add this parameter for pre-WS GRAM only. I had to make
changes apart from those to pbs.pm, I describe them below.

I tried to do the same for WS-GRAM by adding the following lines to my
$GLOBUS_LOCATION/share/schema/gram/job_description.xsd file, with no
success:

after xsd:element jobType...

   <!-- Extension to RSL schema to be able to specify a name for the job -->
   <xsd:element name="jobName" type="xsd:string">
        <xsd:annotation>
            <xsd:documentation>
                This specifies a name for the job.
            </xsd:documentation>
        </xsd:annotation>
    </xsd:element>

after xsd:element ref="tns:jobType" ...

            <!-- attributes for specifying the name of job to run -->
            <xsd:element ref="tns:jobName"              minOccurs="0"/>

I restarted the container after those modifications. What might I be missing?

This were my steps for pre-WS GRAM. These worked:

In $GLOBUS_LOCATION/share/globus_gram_job_manager/pbs.rvf I added:

Attribute: jobName
ValidWhen: GLOBUS_GRAM_JOB_SUBMIT

right before Attribute: queue

and in $GLOBUS_LOCATION/lib/perl/Globus/GRAM/JobManager/pbs.pm I added:

    if($description->jobname() ne '')
    {
	print JOB '#PBS -N ', $description->jobname(), "\n";
    }

as suggested.

I can run the command globus-job-run
myhost.mydomain.com/jobmanager-pbs  -x "&(jobName=thisisaname)"
-host-count 1 -count 5  /bin/hostname

and it works.

However, If I run it with globusrun-ws and an rsl.file I get:

globusrun-ws: Error loading rsl
globus_soap_message_module: Unexpected jobName element in message
while looking for an end tag

This is my .rsl file:

<job>
    <executable>/bin/hostname</executable>