[torqueusers] Prologue/Epilogue script

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Apr 23 15:12:16 MDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 09:02:06AM -0400, Jeffrey B. Layton alleged:
> Good morning,
>
> I'm looking for prologue/epilogue scripts that kill all user jobs
> except the user who is going to run on the assigned nodes.
> The prologue would leave all of the root and "non-user" jobs
> running, and the epilogue would leave only root and "non-user"
> jobs running. Does anyone have scripts like this tat they would
> be willing to share?

There are from my own prologue/epilogue scripts.

node setup bits to scrub off anything that shouldn't be running:

   patt='root,daemon,bin,nobody,named,rpc,rpcuser,ntp,nscd'
   if [ -n "$(pgrep -d, -v -u $patt)" ];then
      pkill -v -u $patt
      for try in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9;do
         sleep 2
         if [ -n "$(pgrep -d, -v -u $patt)" ];then
            pkill -9 -v -u $patt
         else
            break
         fi
      done
   fi

node takedown bit to kill off the user:

   JOBUSER=$2
   if [ -n "$(pgrep -d, -U $JOBUSER)" ];then
      pkill -U $JOBUSER
      for try in 1 2 3 4 5;do
         sleep 2
         if [ -n "$(pgrep -d, -U $JOBUSER)" ];then
            pkill -9 -U $JOBUSER
         else
            break
         fi
         echo "PIDs not killed: $(pgrep -d, -U $JOBUSER)" | logger -t takedownnode
      done
   fi