[torqueusers] Prologue/Epilogue script

Adam Emerich aemerich at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 23 07:32:01 MDT 2007

Jeff,

We have scripts that kill all the user's processes as the job exits.  This
is how we ensure that only the user who currently has the node scheduled to
him is running on the node.  As for killing jobs in the prologue, unless
you do not have the ability to have multiple users on a node, this would
seem like it could cause problems.

Let me know if you are interested in the 'killuser' script.

Thanks

Adam Emerich

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results."   -Albert Einstein

             "Jeffrey B.
             Layton"
             <laytonjb at charter                                          To
             .net>                     torqueusers at supercluster.org
             torqueusers-bounc
             es at supercluster.o                                     Subject
             rg                        [torqueusers] Prologue/Epilogue
                                       script

             04/23/2007 08:02
             AM

             Please respond to
             laytonjb at charter.
                    net

Good morning,

I'm looking for prologue/epilogue scripts that kill all user jobs
except the user who is going to run on the assigned nodes.
The prologue would leave all of the root and "non-user" jobs
running, and the epilogue would leave only root and "non-user"
jobs running. Does anyone have scripts like this tat they would
be willing to share?

Thanks!

Jeff