[torqueusers] Torque not deleting job

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Apr 22 03:59:39 MDT 2007

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007, Chris Engel wrote:

> Hi, I work with Adam on this cluster and thought I would provide some
> additional info

Hello Chris,

> On 4/21/07, Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:
> > Interesting - anything in the pbs_mom logs on the node about that job ?
>
> These nodes are diskless booted, so no state information is retained
> on the node after a reboot

That's OK, I'm more curious about what the logs say about that job (or any
other errors) after it's rebooted..

Actually, the fact that there is no state information retained on the node
means that there should be no way it could be related to the pbs_mom, rather
that the pbs_server isn't getting the message that the job no longer exists.

> > Long shot - do you have SE Linux enabled ?   If so, can you disable it
> > and see if it still happens ?
>
> SE Linux is disabled

OK - so that's ruled out then..

Very peculiar!   I guess once the Cluster Resources folks are back on deck
after the weekend they may have some ideas too.

cheers,
Chris