[torqueusers] Re: Torque as standalone

Amjad Syed sdamjad at terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 19 09:12:20 MDT 2007

Ok , here is the step by step process of what i do.

1) Download Torque 2.8.1   and run configure ,make and make install.
2) run Torque.setup  root to start up pbs_server
3) But /var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes file is not created. I
create  it and have my localhost np =1 . this is the server configuration.

4) Then i start the pbs_mom
5) when i do pbsnodes -a . It says  Server has node list  MSG=node list
is empty.

6) doing qstat says  server is not connected

So my question is how can i configure node file for torque and let
pbs_mom  connect to server.

I tried following the documentation where same node can be setup  as
client and server.

So let me know what i am doing wrong here
thanks