[torqueusers] How to change default ethernet connection for Torque server and compute nodes.

Jerry Smith jdsmit at sandia.gov
Thu Apr 19 08:00:55 MDT 2007

If you have differing names for the ips ( read interfaces ) in /etc/hosts
just make sure the server_name for torque is on the correct IP.

We have server  nodes with both an internal and external interface ie...

Just examples here:

10.100.1.1   admin2  # external facing  -- en0
192.168.1.1  admin2-int #internal facing -- en1

To make sure torque works on the internal network for communication I make
sure that the /var/spool/pbs/server file reflects the ³admin2-int² naming.

Jerry