[torqueusers] Job stdout/stderr file empty after transfer

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Fri Apr 13 11:28:02 MDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 03:22:45PM +0200, Jan Ploski alleged:
> Hello,
>
> I am using TORQUE 2.1.6, trying to transfer stdout of a job using the -o
> option of qsub. Unfortunately, no matter whether I transfer via scp or set
> up $usecp, the transferred file is created with size 0 (zero). When I use
> the option "-k oe" instead, the file remains in $HOME on the execute
> machine and contains the expected output. Can anyone please explain this
> or give a tip which log file to inspect or what experiments to perform to
> gather more information?

File copies are done in child processes, so they don't end up in the MOM
log.  Errors are typically emailed to the job owner or sent to syslog.
Did you find anything in syslog (/var/log/messages)?

Are the output files still in MOM's spool?  Are they deleted or copied
to undelivered?  Maybe verify the permissions of these directories on
the node.

> More details follow...

[..snip.. everything looks fine..]