[torqueusers] Problem with filtering jobs of more than 10 CPUS/node

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Fri Apr 13 06:39:05 MDT 2007

Hello

I have just added a 16cpu node to my queue system.  The cluster had 4
CPU nodes and I want to limit access to the 16cpu node to jobs needing
more than 4 CPUs.

qmgr setup for "vx" queue for 16 CPU node:

set queue vx queue_type = Execution
set queue vx Priority = 3
set queue vx from_route_only = True
set queue vx resources_max.nodect = 1
set queue vx resources_max.nodes = 1:ppn=16
set queue vx resources_max.walltime = 192:00:00
set queue vx resources_min.nodes = 1:ppn=5
set queue vx enabled = True
set queue vx started = True

This works fine for -l nodes=1:ppn=Y with Y = 5-9 (for example)

#PBS -l walltime=2:0:0
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=5
#PBS -q vx

however with Y > 9 and < 50 (for example)

#PBS -l walltime=2:0:0
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=15
#PBS -q vx

we get the same error message as with Y < 5

qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot satisfy queue min
nodes requirement

and with Y > 50 (for example) we get

qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

It is as if only the first digit is being considered for the test to
satisfy queue min requirements.  But the real value is tested later.
This sort of looks like a code bug but I am not sure.

Noticed this on 2.1.1 and just downloaded and tested on torque version
2.1.8

Cheers
Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726