[torqueusers] Problem starting pbs_server

Anthony Pemberton A.J.Pemberton at bham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 08:56:58 MDT 2007

Hi folks,

I am new to using Torque. I am having a problem restarting the
pbs_server deamon after a problem with too many jobs being scheduled. At
least that is what I think the problem was. When I try to restart (I
have tried a reboot of the server node) the pbs_server with:

service pbs_server start

I get the response:

Starting TORQUE server:

But then I just get a hang. There are a number of related processed

/bin/sh /sbin/service pbs_server start

/bin/sh /etc/init.d/pbs_server start

initlog -q -c /usr/sbin/pbs_server -t create

/usr/sbin/pbs_server -t create

Any ideas as to how I can restart the server properly?

Tony P.