[torqueusers] Pbs_server error

Prakash Velayutham Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Tue Apr 3 21:36:41 MDT 2007

Just create new nodes (with resp. properties) from inside qmgr like
this.

qmgr> create node <nodename> properties=<other properties>

That should do it. After creating all the nodes, quit qmgr. Then
'pbsnodes -a' should list all your nodes.

Prakash

>>> SCIPIONI Roberto <SCIPIONI.Roberto at nims.go.jp> 04/03/07 11:19 PM >>>
Hi there,

Thanks I solved that problem but now the server does not seem to see the
nodes and I get the following messages

pbsnodes -a
pbsnodes: Server has no node list MSG=node list is empty
shizuwo:~ # print server
-bash: print: command not found
shizuwo:~ # qmgr
Max open servers: 4

Qmgr: print server
#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server default_queue = batch
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server pbs_version = 2.1.8

Can you help me to set the nodes where and how you set the MSG=node
specifications ?

Thank for your help

Roberto