[torqueusers] server/client builds

nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com
Mon Apr 2 10:54:07 MDT 2007

Well, Thanks for feedback, sounds  like my config ought to be fine.  I'll
probably attempt it this week or next, so I'll let everybody know what
happens (sorry, no means to test 64 bit nodes with 32 bit server).

Nate

"scoggins" <jscoggins at lbl.gov>
Sent by: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org
02-Apr-2007 12:15

"Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu>
cc
torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject
Re: [torqueusers] server/client builds

Well I got the following errors last week when I was trying to get a
32-bit built system running over a 64 bit node:

  PBS_Server: stream_eof, connection to n0000 is bad, remote service
may be down, message may be corrupt, or connection may have been
dropped remotely (Premature end of message).  setting node state to down

Looked at the source code and thought that maybe the stream_io was
having problems because they were different architectures.  Once I
installed a 64-bit server on the same net I was able to get it to
work without any problems.  I read that the network might be the
cause but once I built the 64-bit system and it worked I assumed it
was not the network but the architecture.  If you have a working one
please tell me what did you do to get it working?

Thanks

Jackie