[torqueusers] server/client builds

scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 2 10:15:53 MDT 2007

Well I got the following errors last week when I was trying to get a
32-bit built system running over a 64 bit node:

  PBS_Server: stream_eof, connection to n0000 is bad, remote service
may be down, message may be corrupt, or connection may have been
dropped remotely (Premature end of message).  setting node state to down

Looked at the source code and thought that maybe the stream_io was
having problems because they were different architectures.  Once I
installed a 64-bit server on the same net I was able to get it to
work without any problems.  I read that the network might be the
cause but once I built the 64-bit system and it worked I assumed it
was not the network but the architecture.  If you have a working one
please tell me what did you do to get it working?

Thanks

Jackie